Italiano English Deutsch facebook
country house - bed & breakfast
Il Duca di Urbino Federico del Montefeltro

Federico da Montefeltro as Lord of Urbino in 1444 at the age of twenty-two and ruled uninterruptedly and his lands until his death in 1482.

In quel quarantennio avvenne qualcosa di irripetibile nella storia dello stato urbinate: grazie alle ricchezze accumulate esercitando il mestiere della guerra Federico costruì in Urbino una corte la cui fama si propagò in tutta Europa ed avviò una mole sterminata di lavori che coinvolsero tutti i paesi a lui soggetti.

Per realizzare i suoi progetti Federico chiamò alla sua corte numerosi artisti; fra questi predilesse l'architetto Francesco di Giorgio Martini e il pittore Piero della Francesca, che entusiasmò il signore di Urbino con dipinti dalla luminosità cristallina, dalle geometrie rigorose e dalle armoniche proporzioni.
Solo una parte di opere realizzate in quel periodo sono giunte fino ai nostri giorni, in parte rovinate o modificate da interventi posteriori, ma sufficienti a darci l'idea dell'eccezionale impresa avviata dal duca.

La Città Ideale di Leon Battista Alberti e Luciano Laurana

Nella Galleria Nazionale delle Marche - Palazzo Ducale di Urbino

Vi sono esposti dipinti su tavola e su tela, affreschi, sculture in pietra e in terracotta, sculture lignee policrome e dorate, legni intarsiati, mobili, arazzi, disegni e incisioni: tutte opere situabili cronologicamente tra il Trecento e il Seicento.

Italian ‘Portrait Group’, early 20th century Oil and tempera on wood, 40.6 x 36.5 cm NG3831

Sometimes we see what we want to see. When this Italian ‘Renaissance’ portrait was acquired by the National Gallery in 1923, it was hailed as a unique painting by an undiscovered master of the 15th century. Since the 1950s, connoisseurship, art historical research and scientific analysis have combined forces to unmask a remarkably sophisticated 20th-century forgery.

This portrait was acquired by the National Gallery in 1923 as a painting of the late 15th century, possibly by an accomplished but unknown artist in the circle of Melozzo da Forli (1438−1494), an artist primarily active in Urbino and Rome. The armorial badge stamped into the gesso at upper right suggested the sitters were members of the Montefeltro family of Urbino, although no family members of the appropriate age and gender could be identified.

This portrait was acquired by the National Gallery in 1923 as a painting of the late 15th century, possibly by an accomplished but unknown artist in the circle of Melozzo da Forli (1438−1494), an artist primarily active in Urbino and Rome. The armorial badge stamped into the gesso at upper right suggested the sitters were members of the Montefeltro family of Urbino, although no family members of the appropriate age and gender could be identified.

Spots & Villages

Short trips may transform us into explorers of wonderful natural spots and unexpected examples of urban architecture.

Nature Watching

Amid the vegetation, integrated by biological farming … birds, roe deer, hares … you can observe them during attractive walks or just looking out of your window.

URBANIA , near us...

Casteldurante became Urbania in 1636; in the 1600’s and 1700’s, skilful modellers and painters pursued the glorious tradition, renewing the art with “their elegance for the shapes and the gentleness of the clay”. In Urbania still today in new workshops they revive colours and extraordinary richness in the vases and plates decorated with historical scenes. Urbania was recognised in ’94 as an area of artistic and traditional ceramic production” by the AICC (Associazione Italiana delle Citta Ceramiche), the first commune in the Marche (legge 188/90). Urbania’s ceramics were exhibited in 1996 to the European Parliament in Strasburg, in ‘97 at the Tourism Fair of Lipsia (Germany), in 2007 at Prague as well as in exhibitions and fairs in Italy and abroad.

...Obelisco di Urbino

The Obelisk of Urbino is one of the twelve original Egyptian obelisks in Italy. It is located in piazza Rinascimento, in front of the eastern side of the Doge's Palace and in front of the Church of San Domenico.

The obelisk, which consists of four overlapping blocks, is small and dates back to the era of Hofra or Apries (twenty-sixth dynasty, 558-568 BC). Comes from the Temple of ISIS on the Campus Martius in Rome and arrived in Urbino in 1737, in celebration of the pontificate of Clement XI and in urban renewal by Alban   family

History & Art

Historical palaces, ancient churches, paintings, sculptures and monuments. Just take a walk in Urbino and go through stretches of history and art of our beautiful Italy.

Il Museo Diocesano

Il museo ha sede nell’ex Palazzo vescovile, solenne edificio che trova origine nell’abbazia benedettina di San Cristoforo del Ponte. Qui è conservata una rara e documentata raccolta di ceramiche che, grazie alle donazioni del compianto ceramologo don Corrado Leonardi, comprende numerosi esemplari della tradizione durantina-urbaniese dal Medioevo alle epoche recenti.

Non mancano nel percorso museale importanti testimonianze della storia della città, dai reperti archeologici a partire dall’epoca romana, alle argenterie, ai parati sacri, ai dipinti, agli affreschi.
La sezione ceramica illustra tecniche e stili locali dal ‘200 al ‘900, esemplificati da vasi, piatti da pompa, brocche e catini, manufatti destinati al decoro architettonico, anfore, acquasantiere e altre opere d’arte.

Il Museo Diocesano è annesso alla Cattedrale (Duomo di Urbania), situato nel palazzo vescovile in via Urbano VIII, solenne edificio che trova la sua origine nell’abbazia benedettina di San Cristoforo del Ponte (fine sec. VI).

Le collezioni si aprono con un “lapidarium” (epigrafi cimiteriali, reperti di epoca romana), segue quindi la sala degli argenti con ostensori, calici reliquari e cimeli in oro e argento.
Il Salone d’onore espone i ritratti dei Vescovi della Diocesi dal 1636 (quando Casteldurante diventò Urbania città e diocesi) al 1965.

Nelle sale di ceramica durantina sono raccolti pregevoli esemplari, iniziando da quelli di Castel delle Ripe (1200-1272), Casteldurante (1272-1636) fino alla produzione urbaniese degli ultimi secoli (1636-1999).

Lapide posta a memoria di Federico da Montefeltro all'interno del Mausoleo dei Duchi ad Urbino.

Chiesa di San Bernardino - Urbino

we are...
 
FOR SALE mob +39 3402199013 - +39 3453599313 - tel +39 0722345141